An Taibhdhearc, the national Irish language theatre, first opened in 1928. Pronounced ‘Taiv-yark’, it means ‘ghostly vision’, which is formed from two Irish words, ‘taibhse’ meaning ghost, and ‘dearcadh’ meaning ‘view’...the founders wanted to achieve an otherworldly vision on the stage!
The newly renovated theatre is an ideal venue for drama.
A number of city car parks within walking distance. Limited on-street parking is available.