Everything you need to know for a night out at the Heineken® Big Top
Located right in the heart of Galway, the Heineken Big® Top is a firm Festival favourite amongst families and friends, young and old alike. A night at the Heineken® Big Top is a Festival experience you really won’t want to miss!
Check out this year's line-up at the Heineken® Big Top.
- Most concerts start at 8pm (doors 7pm) and end at 11pm. However, there are a few exceptions...
- For The Academic, doors at 7.30pm and start time is 8.30pm
- For the end of Festival party headlined by The Coronas, doors are at 4pm and start time is 5pm
- The RTÉ Symphony Orchestra is an afternoon concert beginning at 2.30pm.
- Tickets purchased online can be scanned from your smartphone at the venue. If you haven't collected your tickets at the box office, they can be collected from the venue
- This year there are two seated concerts: Burt Bacharach and The National Symphony Orchestra. This seating is unassigned, so we recommend arriving early. All other concerts are standing only
- Discounts are available for groups of 10+ Email email@example.com or call 091566577
- Under 16s can attend events in the Heineken Big Top, but must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Heineken Big Top is wheelchair accessible
About the Heineken Big Top:
- The Heineken Big Top is a covered tent located in Fisheries Field. Galway's weather can be changeable, so dress accordingly! We recommend appropriate shoes in the event of rain.
Heineken Big Top Grub
- There will be a range of refreshments as well as official merchandise available on site
Some of Galway’s best-loved and award-winning eateries have got your back if you’re looking for a Big Top bite
The Location - Getting There:
The Heineken Big Top is located in the heart of Galway city, just across the Salmon Weir bridge and across the street from the Galway Cathedral. The tent is set up in Fisheries Field on the NUI Galway campus.
Parking: Car parking is available in nearby city car parks. The nearest car park is in Cathedral Square beside the Galway Cathedral, which is walking distance from Fisheries Field. This car park is open day and night and parking charges apply from 08:30 to 18:30.
Please note: The car park in the grounds of the Cathedral closes at 18.45 sharp. The Festival is not affiliated with the car park, and to release your car after this time costs €20 on top of the fee you paid. If you park your car inside this car park before any Heineken Big Top gig, you will be charged an extra €20 at the barrier when exiting the car park.
Did you know?
- Tickets start from €25 and we offer discounts for groups. If you can gather ten or more friends together, we’ll make it worth your while! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
- This year, Galway Free Wi-Fi, courtesy of Magnet Networks, runs from Eyre Square down to Spanish Arch and the free Wi-Fi service will also be available at the Heineken Big Top (no password required). We invite you to follow @GalwayIntArts and share your Big Top experiences using the hashtag #GIAF19
- This year’s line-up includes two unassigned seating concerts: Burt Bacharach and the RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra
- The RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra are playing a tribute to composer John Williams, including songs from Jaws, E.T. and Harry Potter.