Everything you need to know for a night out at the Heineken® Big Top
Located right in the heart of Galway, the Heineken Big® Top is a firm Festival favourite amongst families and friends, young and old alike. A night at the Heineken® Big Top is a Festival experience you really won’t want to miss!
Check out this year's line-up at the Heineken® Big Top.
- Most concerts start at 8pm (doors 7pm). However, there are a few exceptions...
All evening concerts end at 11pm.
- Tickets purchased online can be scanned from your smartphone at the venue. If you haven't collected your tickets at the box office, they can be collected from the venue
- This year there are two seated concerts: Burt Bacharach and The National Symphony Orchestra. This seating is unassigned, so we recommend arriving early. All other concerts are standing only
- Discounts are available for groups of 10+ Email email@example.com or call 091566577
- Under 16s can attend events in the Heineken Big Top, but must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Heineken Big Top is wheelchair accessible
About the Heineken Big Top:
- The Heineken Big Top is a covered tent with the sides open. It is a temporary tent erected in the Fisheries Field for the duration of the Festival. Galway's weather can be changeable, so dress accordingly! We recommend appropriate shoes in the event of rain.
- Official GIAF merchandise is available for purchase at the venue
Heineken Big Top Refreshments & Food
Some of Galway’s best-loved and award-winning eateries have got your back if you’re looking for a Big Top bite: The Greek Way, Handsome Burger and Espresso 44. And of course a full bar operated by Festival Drinks Partner Heineken.
The Greek Way
Traditional Greek cuisine including delicious vegan and vegetarian options.
Gourmet burgers, including vegetarian burgers. Recently voted the Best Beef Burger in Ireland
Coffee, tea snacks etc
The Location - Getting There:
The Heineken Big Top is located in the heart of Galway city, just across the Salmon Weir bridge and across the street from the Galway Cathedral. The tent is set up in Fisheries Field on the NUI Galway campus.
Parking: Car parking is available in nearby city car parks. The nearest car park is in Cathedral Square beside the Galway Cathedral, which is walking distance from Fisheries Field and open 24 hours.
Did you know?
- Tickets start from €25 and we offer discounts for groups. If you can gather ten or more friends together, we’ll make it worth your while! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
- This year, Galway Free Wi-Fi, courtesy of Magnet Networks, runs from Eyre Square down to the Spanish Arch and the free Wi-Fi service will also be available at the Heineken Big Top (no password required). We invite you to follow @GalwayIntArts and share your Big Top experiences using the hashtag #GIAF19