Located right in the heart of Galway, the Heineken Big Top is a firm Festival favourite amongst families and friends, young and old alike. A night at the Heineken Big Top is a Festival experience you really won’t want to miss!
Check out this year's line-up at the Heineken Big Top.
Everything you need to know for your Heineken Big Top concert
- Doors open at 7pm for every gig and start time is 8pm. All events will end by 11pm.
- Tickets purchased online can be scanned from your smartphone at the venue. If you haven't collected your tickets at the box office, they can be collected from the venue
- Please bear in mind that the Heineken Big Top is an outdoor venue, and Galway's weather can be changeable, so dress accordingly!
- The bars at the Big Top are cash only. No card payments are possible.
- Under 16s can attend events in the Heineken Big Top, but must be accompanied by an adult.
- There will be a range of refreshments as well as official merchandise available on site
- The Heineken Big Top is wheelchair accessible
- This year there are two seated concerts; Amadou & Mariam and The RTÉ Concert Orchestra Proms. This seating is unassigned. All other concerts are standing only
Getting there: Don't miss out on an exclusive 50% discount for MyTaxi and you'll never be late to the show! Arrive on time and in style using the festival code GIAF18 and receive 50% off your next journey. Full details here.
Parking: Car parking is available in nearby city car parks. The nearest car park is in Cathedral Square beside the Galway Cathedral, which is walking distance from Fisheries Field. This car park is open day and night and parking charges apply from 08:30 to 18:30.
Please note: The car park in the grounds of the Cathedral closes at 18.45 sharp. The Festival is not affilliated with the car park, and to release your car after this time costs €20 on top of the fee you paid. If you park your car inside this car park before any Heineken Big Top gig, you will be charged an extra €20 at the barrier when exiting the car park.
Did you know?
- Tickets start from €25 and we offer discounts for groups. If you can gather ten or more friends together, we’ll make it worth your while! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
- This year, Galway Free Wi-Fi, courtesy of Magnet Networks, runs from Eyre Square down to Spanish Arch and the free Wi-Fi service will also be available at the Heineken Big Top (no password required). We invite you to share your Big Top experiences using the hashtag #GIAF18 and @GalwayIntArts
- The Flaming Lips, Caribou and Amadou & Mariam are playing their only Irish concerts of 2018 in Galway (we're kinda chuffed!)
- This year’s line-up inlcudes two unassigned seating concerts: Amadou & Mariam and The RTÉ Concert Orchestra Festival Proms