It’s not every day you can see a huge outdoor concert just a stone’s throw from Galway City Centre. Except this week… it is every day and there are five great gigs to look forward to.
We have a killer Big Top line-up from Thursday through Sunday when Jenny Greene and the RTÉ Concert Orchestra will close out the Heineken Big Top for 2018. Madness and Jenny Greene are sold out, but if you move fast, there’s still time to snag tickets to the Flaming Lips, Caribou, and the RTÉ Concert Orchestra Festival Proms.
THURSDAY JULY 26
The Flaming Lips with special guests Le Galaxie | Thursday 26 July | 8pm
Three-time Grammy Award winners and one of the world's best live bands, The Flaming Lips play their only Irish gig of the summer here in Galway. You won't want to miss it!
Tickets €49.50 | Book now
SATURDAY JULY 27
On Saturday, you can see two incredible gigs. You can enjoy the Festival Proms by day, then let loose with electronic superstars Caribou by night.
RTE Concert Orchestra Festival Proms | Saturday 28 July | 2pm
An afternoon of popular foot–tapping classics with the RTÉ Concert Orchestra with leading Irish soprano Sinead Campbell–Wallace under the baton of David Brophy. This is a seated concert, perfect for all the family.
Tickets €25-€28 | Book now
Caribou with special guest Blanck Mass | Saturday 28 July | 8pm
Dan Snaith's Canadian outfit Caribou is regarded as one of the most iconic and recognisable names on the contemporary electronic circuit. This is Caribou’s only scheduled Irish gig of the summer.
Tickets €49.50 | Book now
Everything you need to know for your Heineken Big Top concert:
- Doors open at 7pm for every gig and start time is 8pm. All events will end by 11pm.
- Tickets purchased online can be scanned from your smartphone at the venue. If you haven't collected your tickets at the box office, they can be collected from the venue
- Please bear in mind that the Heineken Big Top is an outdoor venue, and Galway's weather can be changeable, so dress accordingly!
- The bars at the Big Top are cash only. No card payments are possible.
- Under 16s can attend events in the Heineken Big Top, but must be accompanied by an adult.
- There will be a range of refreshments as well as official merchandise available on site
- The Heineken Big Top is wheelchair accessible
- This year there are two seated concerts; Amadou & Mariam and The RTÉ Concert Orchestra Proms. This seating is unassigned. All other concerts are standing only
Getting there: Don't miss out on an exclusive 50% discount for MyTaxi and you'll never be late to the show! Arrive on time and in style using the festival code GIAF18 and receive 50% off your next journey. Full details here.
Parking: Car parking is available in nearby city car parks. The nearest car park is in Cathedral Square beside the Galway Cathedral, which is walking distance from Fisheries Field. This car park is open day and night and parking charges apply from 08:30 to 18:30.
Please note: The car park in the grounds of the Cathedral closes at 18.45 sharp. The Festival is not affiliated with the car park, and to release your car after this time costs €20 on top of the fee you paid. If you park your car inside this car park before any Heineken Big Top gig, you will be charged an extra €20 at the barrier when exiting the car park.